Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Classroom Technology

This year our district went with Google!!! Yay! Each of my students got a Google Chrome account. Today, I introduced Gmail. I emailed each of the students and explained about the Reply button. I couldn't even finish explaining before the students were shouting out if they could reply to me. For those that don't know me, I teach Special Ed Resource classes. These are students that really struggle. They are usually at least 2 years behind their peers. I have yet come across a student that enjoys writing. Before the period was up, I had 45 emails. I only have 12 students. They were writing sentences and asking me questions. No, the words weren't always spelled correctly and the grammar wasn't always right but they WERE WRITING!!! Hallelujah!!!


Today, we also added the Seesaw app. I can't wait to see what we can create!

Seesaw is an awesome, free digital portfolio and parent communication tool.

Sign up today using my link and we’ll both get an extra month of their premium features for free!



Let me know if you need help getting going - I think you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment